Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Can I?

Today I struggle through a battle of epic porportions with the wickedly ingenious and mightiest enemy anyone could ever face. It is like fighting a ninja so great he could only be Chuck Norris' Dad, and me armed with only a spoon and blindfolded. Being a ninja myself, I am able to survive, but can I possibly win against such a supreme power. He erodes my warrior's edge with small feints and subtle attacks on my defenses. It is a long battle, stretching over days, months, decades. Yet, the battle with this age old enemy has been taken to a new level today. A weakness that had not been brought to the forefront of this war until today has been brought before me. It wears on my resolve, slowly tearing me down until all I want to do is lay down and beg for the gracious gift of mercy. I can not give in though. I must stay alert and prepared to fend off attacks at all hours and from any direction. The enemy is a master of mental games as he parades my weakness and yearnings in front of my eyes, watching for any slip in which he could take advantage. It takes gargantuan effort and an iron will to maintain my vigilance throughout the day and into the night. A seemingly impossible task before me, yet I must not waiver... The enemy that is so wicked, adept, cunning, this foe that pressures me to my breaking point and dares me to give in, is none other than... MYSELF.

In plain english, I am having a battle with my will power and self discipline. Weigh-ins are tomorrow and I have been fasting since yesterday. I am so hungry and thirsty that every commercial, radio add and restaurant's sweet inviting glow, is torture to me. To think that I have sweet, sweet water just a few feet away that will take little more effort than standing and pouring it before I could enjoy it's delicious cooling refreshment. Think of the stocked kitchen of groceries and all of the savory morsels of food that I could cook and then relish in each magnificent bite. Oh woe is me, for I can not let even one crumb touch these lips for fear that I will not make weight. The torture that one puts themselves through to accomplish goals in this life.

Okay that is all, and I really am hungry... and thirsty. Just wanted to make a more upbeat blog than we have seen so far. Hope you enjoyed my awe-inspiring use of the English language (or lack there of).

1 comment:

Terog said...

What are you weighing in for? I'm curious. More importantly, did you make your weight?

 


Design by: Pocket