Friday, July 24, 2009

What lies ahead

Today I have a lot on my mind and yet not much to write about. My life seems balanced on the edge of change. I know that soon my life will take a dramatic turn, it is just that I do not know where that turn will lead me. I have many events that seem to be flying at me as if they were road signs on the side of a highway. I am not quite sure if I am ready for them. I don't want to be going to fast and pass by looking over my shoulder and asking myself "What did that say?" Some of these changes are expected, one being I am starting college classes in August. Others I have no idea what twists and turns lie ahead. There are new friendships being forged, hopefully the first few of many to come. Old relationships may be dieing, or may be re-igniting in flame like never before. I know that I am not happy with my place in life as of right now, although I do think that I am about to have vast improvement in the oncoming months. I feel as if I am standing on the edge of a vast chasm. So large that I can not see the other side and yet I sense something is there, obscured by mists that are ever changing and yet a constant part of this place. I can feel the moisture of the mist brush against my face and flow into my lungs as I breath the cool air. Goosebumps rise on my exposed skin and a constant but shifting breeze whispers through. I know that soon I will step off the edge of this chasm and nothing will ever be the same. It is only a question of how soon will I take that one tiny step?

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I really like your post and i can relate in a way because I too will be taking college classes soon! Nobody can predict the future but you can have a sense of what might come your way. I love your quote: "Old relationships may be dieing, or may be re-igniting in flame like never before." that is so true! :) Btw you have an awesome page!

The Misguided Prodigy said...

Thank you Brenda. I hope to keep you interested a time goes on and I appreciate you taking the time to read my page. I look forward to seeing more comments.

Terog said...

Have you ever read The Alchemist or Siddhartha? I recommend both as they both deal with change and soul searching of the type you seem to be doing right now.

The Misguided Prodigy said...

No I have never heard of them. I will have to look into it. Thank you for the recommendations.

 


Design by: Pocket